These are basic and general questions that may be commonly found in any kind of job interview. If you don't know where to start in preparing for your interview, try practicing with these questions.
Employers will be interested in determining how much interview preparation you have conducted. This assists the interviewer to establish your:
- Initiative and motivation
- Level of interest in the position
The interviewer hopes to understand whether you have done the necessary preparation as an indication of your work ethic and future performance. The amount of effort you invest in researching the company will directly reflect your desire to work for the organization.
- Clearly demonstrate your knowledge of the industry, the sector, the company’s partners, and competitors.
- Research the company’s website and/or print materials (brochures, annual reports).
- Access Co-op resources: work term reports, company profiles, or reach out to your Co-op coordinators.
- Review key industry publications that are available online or through the SFU library.